Repair Damaged Teeth
At Pinnacle Family Dental, we understand that there are bumps in the road, and we offer judgment-free care for patients in Howard County to correct and restore your smile if you have damaged teeth. Whether you need dental care to fill a cavity or you have suffered a dental injury, Dr. Kim can bring your smile back to health! Call us today to schedule an appointment.
The Benefits Of Restorative Dental Care
At Pinnacle Family Dental, Dr. Kim focuses on both the function and aesthetics of your smile when performing restorative treatments. The most obvious benefit of restorative care is that it can help restore the natural function of your smile. If you are missing one or more teeth, for example, this will cause difficulties with daily activities like chewing, speaking, and smiling. If one of your teeth is damaged, the pain and sensitivity can keep you from enjoying your day-to-day life. Restorative dentistry can help address these issues and get you back to smiling again.
Restorative dentistry also helps you avoid further complications. If you don’t get treatment soon after you damage a tooth, the issue will only get worse. For example, if you are missing a tooth, your remaining teeth might shift toward the now-empty socket and begin to cause issues with your bite.
Restorative care also has cosmetic dental benefits. If you have several chipped, damaged, or missing teeth, you may not feel good about how your smile looks. At Pinnacle Family Dental, Dr. Kim will restore your teeth with an eye for cosmetic results, and ensure that your smile looks beautiful and natural after your treatment.
Common Dental Issues and Their Restorative Treatments
- Cracked, chipped and damaged teeth – Dental trauma can be caused by a wide range of injuries, from a slip and fall to a hard hit in a contact sport. These injuries often result in broken teeth or a serious crack in your tooth. Treatments like dental bonding and crowns are typically used to repair damaged teeth and keep them strong for years to come.
- Prematurely worn teeth – Teeth grinding and clenching can cause premature tooth damage and wear. In these cases, dental crowns are often the best way to restore and strengthen worn-down teeth.
- Decayed teeth – Tooth decay can usually be treated with a filling if it is caught early. If the decay is more extensive and is unable to be treated with a filling, a dental crown may be recommended instead.
- Infected teeth – If you don’t get proper care for a cavity or a damaged tooth, the pulp inside your tooth will likely become infected, causing a serious toothache and a number of other painful symptoms. When this happens, root canal therapy is used to clean out the inside of your tooth and disinfect it.
- Missing teeth – If you’re missing one or more teeth, you have many options for restoring your smile, such as full or partial dentures, dental bridges, and dental implants. The right treatment depends on a number of different factors, such as your overall oral health and how many teeth you’ve lost, so we recommend scheduling a consultation with Dr. Kim for more information.
Root Canal Therapy
If your tooth has been damaged by decay, a gentle root canal therapy performed by Dr. Kim can save your tooth and restore its health. During this procedure, Dr. Kim will thoroughly clean out the infected pulp of your tooth and cover it with a crown to restore its shape and function. You’ll leave our office with a renewed tooth and a refreshed smile!
At Pinnacle Family Dental, our custom crowns are a natural-looking restorative solution for damaged teeth. To protect cracked or otherwise damaged teeth, Dr. Kim will create a tooth-colored crown to place on top of your tooth after it has been treated and cleaned. You’ll leave our office after your procedure with peace of mind that your tooth is safe and protected.
If you are missing one or more teeth, dentures are a restorative option that will give you confidence and a smile that looks natural. We offer full and partial dentures for patients who are looking totheir smile and fill in gaps from multiple missing teeth. This solution is custom-made for a perfect fit, so your dentures will look and feel natural and you’ll be able to smile confidently again. Come in for a consultation with Dr. Kim to see whether dentures are the right option for you.
Full Mouth Reconstruction
If your smile needs extensive work, or if you have been in an accident that has badly damaged your teeth, Dr. Kim can help. We offer personalized treatment plans and full mouth reconstructions to help restore your health and happiness. If you need multiple treatments, Dr. Kim will plan out the route to get you back to optimal dental health and keep you informed every step of the way. Call us today to get started with compassionate dental care.